Mary Shannon is a character on in plain sight on USA network. Nancy and I love the show. The main character has awesome life quotes. Here are some of the better ones:
This one is one I really go by and I could have easily said myself:
Mary: In my experience, holding out for closure does nothing but prolong the pain. Stoics got it right. Lance the boil, rip off the bandaid, man up and get on with it.
“One of the most difficult moments in anyone’s life is when the fog of childhood lifts and we see, for the first time, our parents as people.” Episode 2.3 — Mary Shannon Voice Over
“Perhaps the most difficult choices to make are the ones that deny us those things our heart wants most. Because as it’s been said, “Without reason nor prudence the heart wants what the heart wants. And more often than not it will not be denied.” Episode 1.09 — Mary Shannon Voice Over
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
Stealing some of this! Thanks again!
ReplyDelete